Veronica Campbell and Blake to run at Edmonton Meet
The Jamaican sprint megastars Yohan Blake and Veronica Campbell-Brown have been confirmed for the Edmonton International Track Classic at Foote Field on June 29.
Blake who is still the youngest 100m world champion in history, will be returning to the meet following his appearance last year, while world 200 metres champion Campbell-Brown will make her Canadian debut at the event.
Blake and Campbell-Brown, along with many other world champions and Olympic medallists, will meet at Foote Field Stadium for the third of five stops in the 2013 National Track League series.
The Edmonton International Track Classic gives athletes an opportunity to compete in Canada against some of the best in the world.
For Canadians, it is an opportunity to witness and support Canadian athletes in their quest for success at the 2013 World Championships in Moscow.
The event is part of the Edmonton International Athletics Festival, June 22-29, with events held at Locations throughout Edmonton.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Rivals Bolt and Gatlin May Face Off in the Bahamas - April 9, 2015
- Usain Bolt Ranked 16th Greatest Athlete Over the Last 20 Years - April 2, 2015
- American Tourist Allegedly Raped by Cuban Football Players in Jamaica - April 1, 2015
- Young Reggae Boyz Miss World Cup Spot After Heartbreaking Penalty Shootout Defeat - March 16, 2015
- Jamaica Beats the USA 1-0! (Highlights) - March 11, 2015
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014