U.S State Officer To Be Sentenced for Assisting DJ to Acquire Visa
(David J Rainsberger (right), at a party in Kingston in June 2011 with two Jamaican deejays and a member of the US Embassy staff.)
U.S. State Department law enforcement officer David Rainsberger who pleaded guilty to accepting bribes to help a “well-known” Jamaican dancehall deejay gain a visa to enter the United States, will be sentenced on April 19.
Rainsberger, an officer with the State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service, admitted to unlawfully receiving watches worth thousands of dollars and other gifts while stationed at the U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica.
David Rainsberger also admitted to making false statements to the U.S. government on a national security questionnaire.
In court papers, the dancehall deejay was identified only by the initials D.B.
In recent years, a number of Jamaican artists have been stripped of their U.S. visas, and the U.S. Embassy in Kingston has provided no reasons for its actions.
Some of the artists, such as Beenie Man and Mavado, have since had their visas reinstated.
32-year-old David J. Rainsberger faces a maximum penalty of seven years in prison.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Police presence heightened at courthouse as Vybz Kartel trial approaches its end - February 19, 2014
- U.S State Officer To Be Sentenced for Assisting DJ to Acquire Visa - April 18, 2013
- Jamaica Loses a Great Folk Icon - April 12, 2013
- French Montana and Nicki Minaj Sample Sly’s “Murder She Wrote” Rhythm - March 4, 2013
- Jamaican Flag Destroyed In German Ad - February 22, 2013
- Buju Banton Awaits Find From Computer Expert… - February 21, 2013
- Witness In Vybz Kartel’s Murder Trial Uncooperative - February 12, 2013
- State Department Officer Took Bribes From Jamaican Entertainer For Visa Help - February 9, 2013
- Rohan Marley Defends Snoop Lion - January 26, 2013
- Rastafarians Probe Snoop Lion’s Motives… - January 24, 2013