Jamaican Women Triumph in Penn Relays 4x100m
JAMAICA’s sprint relay quartet blazed to victory in the women’s 4x100m, ending a nine-year lockout against their United States rivals on yesterday’s final day of action at the Penn Relays, held at the Franklin Field Stadium, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.
The Jamaican team which included Olympic 100m champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce as anchor, beat the USA in the USA vs the World event that was supported by 48,871 paid spectators.
Sherone Simpson dispatched well before handing over t0 Kerron Stewart, then Anneisha McLaughlin. Jamaica finished the race in a time of 42.42 seconds.
The American team of Mandy White, Alexandria Anderson, Barbara Pierre and Porscha Lucas finished second in 42.65 seconds, while the USA Red quartet – Tianna Bartoletta, Allyson Felix, Bianca Knight and Jeneba Tarmoh – the only newcomer to the team that established a new world record in winning at last year’s Olympics (as she replaced the injured Carmelita Jeter), had to settle for third in 42.66 seconds.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Wonderful Home FOR SALE At Unbelievable Price In Highgate! - December 10, 2018
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018