Jamaican athletes Ready for Philadelphia Penn Relays
Jamaican athletes are gathering in Philadelphia for the 119th Penn Relays at the Franklyn Field Stadium which starts on Thursday.
A number of athletes from St. Jago High, Holmwood Technical, Manchester High and Calabar arrived on Tuesday to join others from STETHS, Edwin Allen, Kingston College, Vere and St. Andrew High who started arriving a day earlier.
Meanwhile the USA vs Jamaica showdown on Saturday in the men’s 4×100 metres relay will see Jamaica being represented by sprint relay gold medallist Nesta Carter, Jason Young, Kimari Roach, Dexter Lee and Rasheed Dwyer.
The USA team will have Olympic silver relay medallists Justin Gatlin, Trell Kimmons, Ryan Bailey, Doc Patton and Jeff Demps. The relay pool also include current world leader Mike Rodgers and Wallace Spearmon.
The other international challengers for the USA vs The World 4×100 metres relay event include Bahamas, Canada, France, Germany, Nigeria and United Kingdom.
Two-time Olympic 100m champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Sherone Simpson and Kerron Stewart will tackle the USA in the women’s sprint relay.
Christine Day, Shericka Williams and Novlene Williams-Mills are on the women’s 4×400 metres relay team and will go up against Sanya Richards-Ross, Allyson Felix, Deedee Trotter and Francena McCorory; Olympians Keshia Baker, Natasha Hastings and Mary Wineburg will also strengthen the American line-up.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Rivals Bolt and Gatlin May Face Off in the Bahamas - April 9, 2015
- Usain Bolt Ranked 16th Greatest Athlete Over the Last 20 Years - April 2, 2015
- American Tourist Allegedly Raped by Cuban Football Players in Jamaica - April 1, 2015
- Young Reggae Boyz Miss World Cup Spot After Heartbreaking Penalty Shootout Defeat - March 16, 2015
- Jamaica Beats the USA 1-0! (Highlights) - March 11, 2015
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014