At Least 156 Dead Following China Earthquake
A powerful earthquake in Sichuan Province, China has resulted in the deaths of at least 156 people with more than 5,500 injured in the region.
The China Earthquake Administration stated 96 of those killed were in Lushan County while another 19 so far have been reported missing.
Rescuers are being forced to use dynamite in order to quickly clear boulders which have cut off roads leading to affected areas where the quake struck.
A preliminary reading given by The United States Geological Survey registered the massive earthquake as magnitude 7.0 however it was later revised to 6.6. At least 712 aftershocks have been felt in the region with two measuring 5.0 and higher on the Richter scale.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019