At Least 156 Dead Following China Earthquake
A powerful earthquake in Sichuan Province, China has resulted in the deaths of at least 156 people with more than 5,500 injured in the region.
The China Earthquake Administration stated 96 of those killed were in Lushan County while another 19 so far have been reported missing.
Rescuers are being forced to use dynamite in order to quickly clear boulders which have cut off roads leading to affected areas where the quake struck.
A preliminary reading given by The United States Geological Survey registered the massive earthquake as magnitude 7.0 however it was later revised to 6.6. At least 712 aftershocks have been felt in the region with two measuring 5.0 and higher on the Richter scale.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019