31 Days in Honour of Child Month
Parents and guardians are being encouraged by The National Child Month Committee to impart 31 days of love and affection to children during the entire month of May, which will be observed as Child Month.
At a JIS Think Tank seminar last week, Dr. Pauline Mullings, the National Child Month Committee Chairperson revealed that May calendar was created by the Committee which shows 31 ways in which citizens can demonstrate the nation’s love for children. Some of the actions that can be taken include:
Some of the 31 actions on the calendar indicating what parents and guardians could do are:
* Ask them (children) about themselves;
* Discuss their dreams;
* Ask them how they feel;
* Tell them a story;
* Play outside with them;
* Cook dinner together;
* Pray with them;
* Tolerate their interruptions; and
* Empower them to help themselves.
The NCC Chairperson stated that each day in May parents and caregivers would be encouraged to do something to indicate their love for children.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Wonderful Home FOR SALE At Unbelievable Price In Highgate! - December 10, 2018
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018