31 Days in Honour of Child Month
Parents and guardians are being encouraged by The National Child Month Committee to impart 31 days of love and affection to children during the entire month of May, which will be observed as Child Month.
At a JIS Think Tank seminar last week, Dr. Pauline Mullings, the National Child Month Committee Chairperson revealed that May calendar was created by the Committee which shows 31 ways in which citizens can demonstrate the nation’s love for children. Some of the actions that can be taken include:
Some of the 31 actions on the calendar indicating what parents and guardians could do are:
* Ask them (children) about themselves;
* Discuss their dreams;
* Ask them how they feel;
* Tell them a story;
* Play outside with them;
* Cook dinner together;
* Pray with them;
* Tolerate their interruptions; and
* Empower them to help themselves.
The NCC Chairperson stated that each day in May parents and caregivers would be encouraged to do something to indicate their love for children.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018