31 Days in Honour of Child Month
Parents and guardians are being encouraged by The National Child Month Committee to impart 31 days of love and affection to children during the entire month of May, which will be observed as Child Month.
At a JIS Think Tank seminar last week, Dr. Pauline Mullings, the National Child Month Committee Chairperson revealed that May calendar was created by the Committee which shows 31 ways in which citizens can demonstrate the nation’s love for children. Some of the actions that can be taken include:
Some of the 31 actions on the calendar indicating what parents and guardians could do are:
* Ask them (children) about themselves;
* Discuss their dreams;
* Ask them how they feel;
* Tell them a story;
* Play outside with them;
* Cook dinner together;
* Pray with them;
* Tolerate their interruptions; and
* Empower them to help themselves.
The NCC Chairperson stated that each day in May parents and caregivers would be encouraged to do something to indicate their love for children.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018