31 Days in Honour of Child Month
Parents and guardians are being encouraged by The National Child Month Committee to impart 31 days of love and affection to children during the entire month of May, which will be observed as Child Month.
At a JIS Think Tank seminar last week, Dr. Pauline Mullings, the National Child Month Committee Chairperson revealed that May calendar was created by the Committee which shows 31 ways in which citizens can demonstrate the nation’s love for children. Some of the actions that can be taken include:
Some of the 31 actions on the calendar indicating what parents and guardians could do are:
* Ask them (children) about themselves;
* Discuss their dreams;
* Ask them how they feel;
* Tell them a story;
* Play outside with them;
* Cook dinner together;
* Pray with them;
* Tolerate their interruptions; and
* Empower them to help themselves.
The NCC Chairperson stated that each day in May parents and caregivers would be encouraged to do something to indicate their love for children.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019