Raheem Sterling to Arsenal?
Rising Jamaican-born England star Raheem Sterling could be heading to Arsenal in a deal which would see Theo Walcott sign for Liverpool.
Walcott’s current deal expires at the end of the season and manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly prepared to cash in on the winger after seeing talks over a new contract hit the skids.
The Arsenal boss is a huge admirer of Sterling and, is reportedly prepared to offload Walcott plus £8 million pounds in his bid to sign the Sterling in January.
Earlier this month, Sterling added to the uncertainty over his Liverpool future by withdrawing a tweet that was meant to reassure Liverpool supporters.
The 17 year old who became England’s third youngest international in 100 years after making his debut against Sweden last week, sent out mixed messages on twitter by claiming he was going to sign a new deal on his 18th birthday next month – then removing the message.
It followed claims that his advisers were asking Liverpool for £50,000 pounds a week.
Walcott meanwhile is believed to be holding out for £90,000 pounds but the Arsenal hierarchy are unprepared to meet his demands.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers however expects sterling to commit his long-term future to the Anfield Club.
Sterling who has 18 months left to run on his current contract has so far made 11 Premier League starts and has a goal and four assists.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Rivals Bolt and Gatlin May Face Off in the Bahamas - April 9, 2015
- Usain Bolt Ranked 16th Greatest Athlete Over the Last 20 Years - April 2, 2015
- American Tourist Allegedly Raped by Cuban Football Players in Jamaica - April 1, 2015
- Young Reggae Boyz Miss World Cup Spot After Heartbreaking Penalty Shootout Defeat - March 16, 2015
- Jamaica Beats the USA 1-0! (Highlights) - March 11, 2015
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014