Jamaica will open CONCACAF final round against Mexico
Jamaica’s campaign for a spot at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil will start on Wednesday February 6 with an away assignment against CONCACAF champions Mexico.
This was confirmed at last night’s draw in Miami to determine the schedule for the CONCACAF final round of the qualifiers.
The Theodore Whitmore coached team will take on Panama on March 22 in their first home game before hitting the road again for the March 26 Clash with Costa Rica.
The Reggae Boys return home on June 4 to tackle Mexico at The Office and three days later also at The Office will engage the United States before travelling for the June 11 battle with Honduras.
On September 6, Jamaica will play away to Panama and will be back home on September 10 against Costa Rica.
The United States will be Jamaica’s penultimate opponents away on October 11 and Jamaica will wrap up the qualifiers at The National Stadium against Honduras on October 15.
JFF President Captain Horace Burrell says it’s a favourable draw in his estimation adding that facing the Mexicans away in the opening game makes good sense for Jamaica.
The other opening round matches on February 6 will see Honduras hosting the United States, and Panama facing Costa Rica in Panama.
The top three teams after this 30 game CONCACAF final round schedule will automatically qualify for the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil.
The 4th place team will play in a home and away series against the Oceania Confederation winner, with the winner on aggregate to progress to the World Cup.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Rivals Bolt and Gatlin May Face Off in the Bahamas - April 9, 2015
- Usain Bolt Ranked 16th Greatest Athlete Over the Last 20 Years - April 2, 2015
- American Tourist Allegedly Raped by Cuban Football Players in Jamaica - April 1, 2015
- Young Reggae Boyz Miss World Cup Spot After Heartbreaking Penalty Shootout Defeat - March 16, 2015
- Jamaica Beats the USA 1-0! (Highlights) - March 11, 2015
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014