Usain Bolt named Nissan’s new global ‘Director of Excitement’
The fastest man alive has been given the title of Nissan’s new global “Director of Excitement” during a ceremony in Japan, where he revealed a one of a kind, gold Nissan GT-R.
He was picked up at the Narita Airport in Japan in a Nissan GT-R, naturally – Bolt unveiled the gold supercar in front of thousands of Japanese fans.
The car is sprayed magnificently in gold paint and mated with real gold interior accents.
The one of a kind GT-R bears Bolt’s signature and will be auctioned on eBay, with the proceeds going to the his charity – the Usain Bolt Foundation.
The car’s uniqueness could be in jeopardy, as Bolt has requested another gold GT-R to be built for his personal use in Jamaica.
The car is given life by a 3.8-litre twin-turbo V6 and can accelerate to 100km/h in a blistering 2.8 seconds, placing it among the world’s fastest street cars.
Mr. Bolt made history when he became the world’s first man to take out the ‘double double’ and ‘double tripe’ by again winning gold in the 100m and 200m sprints, and then another gold in the 4x100m relay, giving the Jamaican runner the title of fastest man that ever lived.
As Nissan’s new Director of Excitement, he will play a role in the development of more GT-R models for Nissan.
Following his clean sweep of gold medals at the 2012 London Olympics,Usain went to Japan and to test several tuned GT-R models on a racetrack.
“Racing is my inspiration,” said Bolt, “and I want to help Nissan become an even more exciting brand for everyone.” Bolt is known his love of fast cars.
I can’t wait to see his new golden GT-R hit the streets of Jamaica!
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018
- Jamaican Singer Diana King Weds Her Partner Mijanne Webster - January 16, 2018
- More Than 20 People Hospitalised Following Collision In St Thomas - January 15, 2018