Usain Bolt named Nissan’s new global ‘Director of Excitement’
The fastest man alive has been given the title of Nissan’s new global “Director of Excitement” during a ceremony in Japan, where he revealed a one of a kind, gold Nissan GT-R.
He was picked up at the Narita Airport in Japan in a Nissan GT-R, naturally – Bolt unveiled the gold supercar in front of thousands of Japanese fans.
The car is sprayed magnificently in gold paint and mated with real gold interior accents.
The one of a kind GT-R bears Bolt’s signature and will be auctioned on eBay, with the proceeds going to the his charity – the Usain Bolt Foundation.
The car’s uniqueness could be in jeopardy, as Bolt has requested another gold GT-R to be built for his personal use in Jamaica.
The car is given life by a 3.8-litre twin-turbo V6 and can accelerate to 100km/h in a blistering 2.8 seconds, placing it among the world’s fastest street cars.
Mr. Bolt made history when he became the world’s first man to take out the ‘double double’ and ‘double tripe’ by again winning gold in the 100m and 200m sprints, and then another gold in the 4x100m relay, giving the Jamaican runner the title of fastest man that ever lived.
As Nissan’s new Director of Excitement, he will play a role in the development of more GT-R models for Nissan.
Following his clean sweep of gold medals at the 2012 London Olympics,Usain went to Japan and to test several tuned GT-R models on a racetrack.
“Racing is my inspiration,” said Bolt, “and I want to help Nissan become an even more exciting brand for everyone.” Bolt is known his love of fast cars.
I can’t wait to see his new golden GT-R hit the streets of Jamaica!
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018