Jamaica moves up in FIFA Rankings
Jamaica has leaped 8 places to be the 52nd ranked football playing nation in the world.
This according to the latest release of the FIFA Coca Cola rankings.
The Reggae Boyz continue to be the Caribbean’s top ranked side but fourth in the CONCACAF region.
Mexico 19, USA 32 and panama 43 are the teams in CONCACAF ahead of Jamaica with the top four all making upward movements.
Haiti who moved up 17 places to 60 and Trinidad and Tobago who leaped 5 spots to 77 complete the top three in the Caribbean.
Jamaica’s next opponents in World Cup action, Guatemala, is now ranked at 81, moving up all of 10 places, while Antigua and Barbuda has slipped 5 places to 106.
World champions Spain continues to lead the rankings ahead of Germany, Portugal, Argentina and England.
Holland, Uruguay, Italy, Colombia and Greece are the other teams inside the top 10.
Former world number one Brazil continues to slide, dropping two places to 14.
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019