Jamaica moves up in FIFA Rankings
Jamaica has leaped 8 places to be the 52nd ranked football playing nation in the world.
This according to the latest release of the FIFA Coca Cola rankings.
The Reggae Boyz continue to be the Caribbean’s top ranked side but fourth in the CONCACAF region.
Mexico 19, USA 32 and panama 43 are the teams in CONCACAF ahead of Jamaica with the top four all making upward movements.
Haiti who moved up 17 places to 60 and Trinidad and Tobago who leaped 5 spots to 77 complete the top three in the Caribbean.
Jamaica’s next opponents in World Cup action, Guatemala, is now ranked at 81, moving up all of 10 places, while Antigua and Barbuda has slipped 5 places to 106.
World champions Spain continues to lead the rankings ahead of Germany, Portugal, Argentina and England.
Holland, Uruguay, Italy, Colombia and Greece are the other teams inside the top 10.
Former world number one Brazil continues to slide, dropping two places to 14.
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019