Buju Banton May Face 5 More Years in Jail
Headlining his court appearance are reports that reggae artiste Buju Banton’s new attorney has supposedly asked a federal judge in Tampa, Florida to reconsider the 10-year prison sentence the artiste is currently serving following his conviction on drug possession.
Reports are that Buju is set to appear in a Tampa federal court tomorrow for a re-sentencing on a gun possession charge, which carries an additional 5-year prison sentence.
It is said that the motion that was filed last week includes a letter to U.S. District Judge James Moody from Buju Banton’s former attorney, David Oscar Markus who represented the artiste in his two trials in Florida in 2010 and 2011.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018