Buju Banton May Face 5 More Years in Jail
Headlining his court appearance are reports that reggae artiste Buju Banton’s new attorney has supposedly asked a federal judge in Tampa, Florida to reconsider the 10-year prison sentence the artiste is currently serving following his conviction on drug possession.
Reports are that Buju is set to appear in a Tampa federal court tomorrow for a re-sentencing on a gun possession charge, which carries an additional 5-year prison sentence.
It is said that the motion that was filed last week includes a letter to U.S. District Judge James Moody from Buju Banton’s former attorney, David Oscar Markus who represented the artiste in his two trials in Florida in 2010 and 2011.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018