Buju Banton May Face 5 More Years in Jail
Headlining his court appearance are reports that reggae artiste Buju Banton’s new attorney has supposedly asked a federal judge in Tampa, Florida to reconsider the 10-year prison sentence the artiste is currently serving following his conviction on drug possession.
Reports are that Buju is set to appear in a Tampa federal court tomorrow for a re-sentencing on a gun possession charge, which carries an additional 5-year prison sentence.
It is said that the motion that was filed last week includes a letter to U.S. District Judge James Moody from Buju Banton’s former attorney, David Oscar Markus who represented the artiste in his two trials in Florida in 2010 and 2011.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017