Buju Banton May Face 5 More Years in Jail
Headlining his court appearance are reports that reggae artiste Buju Banton’s new attorney has supposedly asked a federal judge in Tampa, Florida to reconsider the 10-year prison sentence the artiste is currently serving following his conviction on drug possession.
Reports are that Buju is set to appear in a Tampa federal court tomorrow for a re-sentencing on a gun possession charge, which carries an additional 5-year prison sentence.
It is said that the motion that was filed last week includes a letter to U.S. District Judge James Moody from Buju Banton’s former attorney, David Oscar Markus who represented the artiste in his two trials in Florida in 2010 and 2011.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017