Former national cyclist Charged
The former national cyclist Horace McFarlane was one of three people who made an appearance in a court in Trinidad last Friday charged with possession of cocaine and marijuana.
He appeared before Magistrate Indra Ramoo-Haynes in the Couva Magistrates’ Court where he was jointly charged along with Trinidadian native Afeisha Khan and American Devon Scotland for possession of 1.060 grams of cocaine and 300 grams of marijuana.
The three co-accused who were arrested during a joint police exercise conducted in Freeport and Chaguanas, were denied bail for a trace of their criminal records to be done by the police.
They are scheduled to re-appear in court on October 10.
McFarlane won the gold medal at the 2001 Caribbean Road Championships in Aruba, earlier this year placed second in the Blisset Memorial Race, and last year finished in third place at the National Time Trial Championship in Montego Bay behind Michael Daley and Marloe Rodman.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018