Former national cyclist Charged
The former national cyclist Horace McFarlane was one of three people who made an appearance in a court in Trinidad last Friday charged with possession of cocaine and marijuana.
He appeared before Magistrate Indra Ramoo-Haynes in the Couva Magistrates’ Court where he was jointly charged along with Trinidadian native Afeisha Khan and American Devon Scotland for possession of 1.060 grams of cocaine and 300 grams of marijuana.
The three co-accused who were arrested during a joint police exercise conducted in Freeport and Chaguanas, were denied bail for a trace of their criminal records to be done by the police.
They are scheduled to re-appear in court on October 10.
McFarlane won the gold medal at the 2001 Caribbean Road Championships in Aruba, earlier this year placed second in the Blisset Memorial Race, and last year finished in third place at the National Time Trial Championship in Montego Bay behind Michael Daley and Marloe Rodman.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017
- Firearms Seized At Sangster International Airport, Two US Nationals Charged – JCF - November 15, 2017