Former national cyclist Charged
The former national cyclist Horace McFarlane was one of three people who made an appearance in a court in Trinidad last Friday charged with possession of cocaine and marijuana.
He appeared before Magistrate Indra Ramoo-Haynes in the Couva Magistrates’ Court where he was jointly charged along with Trinidadian native Afeisha Khan and American Devon Scotland for possession of 1.060 grams of cocaine and 300 grams of marijuana.
The three co-accused who were arrested during a joint police exercise conducted in Freeport and Chaguanas, were denied bail for a trace of their criminal records to be done by the police.
They are scheduled to re-appear in court on October 10.
McFarlane won the gold medal at the 2001 Caribbean Road Championships in Aruba, earlier this year placed second in the Blisset Memorial Race, and last year finished in third place at the National Time Trial Championship in Montego Bay behind Michael Daley and Marloe Rodman.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017