Flash Flood Warning for Jamaica
A flash flood watch means that flash flooding is likely.Persons are being advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready to take evasive action if flooding is observed.The Met Service says an Area of Low Pressure extending across the western Caribbean and has been influencing weather conditions across Jamaica since Friday.Satellite imagery and rainfall data indicate that moderate showers have been affecting sections of St Ann, St Mary, Portland, St Thomas, St Catherine, Clarendon , Kingston and St Andrew since last night.
The forecast is for periods of showers and thunderstorms, to continue especially across central and eastern parishes this morning and extend to western parishes by this afternoon.
The Met Service says the showers could be heavy at times and as a result, flash flooding is possible over low-lying and flood-prone areas.
Significant improvement is not expected until Monday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019