Flash Flood Warning for Jamaica
A flash flood watch means that flash flooding is likely.Persons are being advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready to take evasive action if flooding is observed.The Met Service says an Area of Low Pressure extending across the western Caribbean and has been influencing weather conditions across Jamaica since Friday.Satellite imagery and rainfall data indicate that moderate showers have been affecting sections of St Ann, St Mary, Portland, St Thomas, St Catherine, Clarendon , Kingston and St Andrew since last night.
The forecast is for periods of showers and thunderstorms, to continue especially across central and eastern parishes this morning and extend to western parishes by this afternoon.
The Met Service says the showers could be heavy at times and as a result, flash flooding is possible over low-lying and flood-prone areas.
Significant improvement is not expected until Monday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019