Flash Flood Warning for Jamaica
A flash flood watch means that flash flooding is likely.Persons are being advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready to take evasive action if flooding is observed.The Met Service says an Area of Low Pressure extending across the western Caribbean and has been influencing weather conditions across Jamaica since Friday.Satellite imagery and rainfall data indicate that moderate showers have been affecting sections of St Ann, St Mary, Portland, St Thomas, St Catherine, Clarendon , Kingston and St Andrew since last night.
The forecast is for periods of showers and thunderstorms, to continue especially across central and eastern parishes this morning and extend to western parishes by this afternoon.
The Met Service says the showers could be heavy at times and as a result, flash flooding is possible over low-lying and flood-prone areas.
Significant improvement is not expected until Monday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018