Flash Flood Warning for Jamaica
A flash flood watch means that flash flooding is likely.Persons are being advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready to take evasive action if flooding is observed.The Met Service says an Area of Low Pressure extending across the western Caribbean and has been influencing weather conditions across Jamaica since Friday.Satellite imagery and rainfall data indicate that moderate showers have been affecting sections of St Ann, St Mary, Portland, St Thomas, St Catherine, Clarendon , Kingston and St Andrew since last night.
The forecast is for periods of showers and thunderstorms, to continue especially across central and eastern parishes this morning and extend to western parishes by this afternoon.
The Met Service says the showers could be heavy at times and as a result, flash flooding is possible over low-lying and flood-prone areas.
Significant improvement is not expected until Monday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018