Flash Flood Warning for Jamaica
A flash flood watch means that flash flooding is likely.Persons are being advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready to take evasive action if flooding is observed.The Met Service says an Area of Low Pressure extending across the western Caribbean and has been influencing weather conditions across Jamaica since Friday.Satellite imagery and rainfall data indicate that moderate showers have been affecting sections of St Ann, St Mary, Portland, St Thomas, St Catherine, Clarendon , Kingston and St Andrew since last night.
The forecast is for periods of showers and thunderstorms, to continue especially across central and eastern parishes this morning and extend to western parishes by this afternoon.
The Met Service says the showers could be heavy at times and as a result, flash flooding is possible over low-lying and flood-prone areas.
Significant improvement is not expected until Monday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019