Barcelona, Man U and Bayern Munich winners while former champs Chelsea lose points at home
The Germans are now atop of Group F with 3 points, the same as Bate Borisov who had a 3-1 victory over Lille.
Barcelona led by a Lionel Messi brace registered a come from behind 3-2 win over Spartak Moscow to go top of Group G with 3 points. Benfica and Celtic are joint second with a point each after playing to a scoreless draw at Celtic Park in Glasgow.
Action in Group H saw Manchester United carving out a 1-0 win over Turkish giants Galatasaray thanks to Michael Carrick’s lone goal, and Club Cluj running out 2-nil winners over Sporting Braga.
Defending champions Chelsea in the meantime failed to get off to a winning start in Group E after playing to a 2-2 draw with Italian title holders Juventus at Stamford Bridge.
But the Italian champions, unbeaten domestically in 42 Serie A matches, demonstrated their pedigree and strength to mount a recovery and earn a point.
Arturo Vidal’s goal put them back in contention before half-time and substitute Fabio Quagliarella ensured the points were shared with an equaliser nine minutes from time.
Elsewhere Shakhtar Donesk moved to the top of the table after posting a 2-0 win over Norwegian opponents FC Nordsjælland.
The teams will next be in action on match day two on October 2 and 3 respectively.
- Jamaica Recognised As Top Performing Island Economy Globally For Business Friendliness - June 28, 2017
- England, Australia Gear Up For The Ashes Series - June 27, 2017
- Elderly Man Collapses at Norman Manley Airport, Dies - June 27, 2017
- Bolt Nominated For Coveted ESPY Award - June 27, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Continues to Revalue, May Re-enter $128 to US$1 Territory - June 26, 2017
- Omar McLeod Smashes National 110M Hurdles Record - June 25, 2017
- Substation Fire Plunges Sections of St Ann Into Darkness - June 25, 2017
- Hanover’s Most Wanted Man Killed - June 24, 2017
- Pepsi-Cola Jamaica Signs Shenseea As Brand Ambassador - June 24, 2017
- Man Afflicted By Water-Borne Disease Tests Negative For Cholera - June 24, 2017