Barcelona, Man U and Bayern Munich winners while former champs Chelsea lose points at home
The Germans are now atop of Group F with 3 points, the same as Bate Borisov who had a 3-1 victory over Lille.
Barcelona led by a Lionel Messi brace registered a come from behind 3-2 win over Spartak Moscow to go top of Group G with 3 points. Benfica and Celtic are joint second with a point each after playing to a scoreless draw at Celtic Park in Glasgow.
Action in Group H saw Manchester United carving out a 1-0 win over Turkish giants Galatasaray thanks to Michael Carrick’s lone goal, and Club Cluj running out 2-nil winners over Sporting Braga.
Defending champions Chelsea in the meantime failed to get off to a winning start in Group E after playing to a 2-2 draw with Italian title holders Juventus at Stamford Bridge.
But the Italian champions, unbeaten domestically in 42 Serie A matches, demonstrated their pedigree and strength to mount a recovery and earn a point.
Arturo Vidal’s goal put them back in contention before half-time and substitute Fabio Quagliarella ensured the points were shared with an equaliser nine minutes from time.
Elsewhere Shakhtar Donesk moved to the top of the table after posting a 2-0 win over Norwegian opponents FC Nordsjælland.
The teams will next be in action on match day two on October 2 and 3 respectively.
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018