Barcelona, Man U and Bayern Munich winners while former champs Chelsea lose points at home
The Germans are now atop of Group F with 3 points, the same as Bate Borisov who had a 3-1 victory over Lille.
Barcelona led by a Lionel Messi brace registered a come from behind 3-2 win over Spartak Moscow to go top of Group G with 3 points. Benfica and Celtic are joint second with a point each after playing to a scoreless draw at Celtic Park in Glasgow.
Action in Group H saw Manchester United carving out a 1-0 win over Turkish giants Galatasaray thanks to Michael Carrick’s lone goal, and Club Cluj running out 2-nil winners over Sporting Braga.
Defending champions Chelsea in the meantime failed to get off to a winning start in Group E after playing to a 2-2 draw with Italian title holders Juventus at Stamford Bridge.
But the Italian champions, unbeaten domestically in 42 Serie A matches, demonstrated their pedigree and strength to mount a recovery and earn a point.
Arturo Vidal’s goal put them back in contention before half-time and substitute Fabio Quagliarella ensured the points were shared with an equaliser nine minutes from time.
Elsewhere Shakhtar Donesk moved to the top of the table after posting a 2-0 win over Norwegian opponents FC Nordsjælland.
The teams will next be in action on match day two on October 2 and 3 respectively.
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019