Barcelona, Man U and Bayern Munich winners while former champs Chelsea lose points at home
The Germans are now atop of Group F with 3 points, the same as Bate Borisov who had a 3-1 victory over Lille.
Barcelona led by a Lionel Messi brace registered a come from behind 3-2 win over Spartak Moscow to go top of Group G with 3 points. Benfica and Celtic are joint second with a point each after playing to a scoreless draw at Celtic Park in Glasgow.
Action in Group H saw Manchester United carving out a 1-0 win over Turkish giants Galatasaray thanks to Michael Carrick’s lone goal, and Club Cluj running out 2-nil winners over Sporting Braga.
Defending champions Chelsea in the meantime failed to get off to a winning start in Group E after playing to a 2-2 draw with Italian title holders Juventus at Stamford Bridge.
But the Italian champions, unbeaten domestically in 42 Serie A matches, demonstrated their pedigree and strength to mount a recovery and earn a point.
Arturo Vidal’s goal put them back in contention before half-time and substitute Fabio Quagliarella ensured the points were shared with an equaliser nine minutes from time.
Elsewhere Shakhtar Donesk moved to the top of the table after posting a 2-0 win over Norwegian opponents FC Nordsjælland.
The teams will next be in action on match day two on October 2 and 3 respectively.
- Breaking: Cop Killed on Constant Spring Road - April 28, 2017
- Elaine Thompson to Face Schippers Again in May - April 28, 2017
- ‘Bibi’ Writes Touching Tribute to Germaine Mason - April 27, 2017
- Jamaican Cancer Sufferer Reportedly Claims He Was Tied Up and Kicked Off British Airways Flight - April 27, 2017
- Bolt’s World-Record Berlin Runs Named Best in World Championship History - April 27, 2017
- Young Reggae Boyz Defeat El Salvador 3-1 in CONCACAF U-17 Championship - April 27, 2017
- Teenager Allegedly Commits Suicide in St James - April 26, 2017
- Eight Alleged Scammers Extradited to the United States - April 26, 2017
- US May Soon Impose Tax on Remittances to Jamaica, Other Countries in the Region - April 26, 2017
- Damage From Flood Rains to Cost Gov’t Nearly Half a Billion Dollars - April 26, 2017