Barcelona, Man U and Bayern Munich winners while former champs Chelsea lose points at home
The Germans are now atop of Group F with 3 points, the same as Bate Borisov who had a 3-1 victory over Lille.
Barcelona led by a Lionel Messi brace registered a come from behind 3-2 win over Spartak Moscow to go top of Group G with 3 points. Benfica and Celtic are joint second with a point each after playing to a scoreless draw at Celtic Park in Glasgow.
Action in Group H saw Manchester United carving out a 1-0 win over Turkish giants Galatasaray thanks to Michael Carrick’s lone goal, and Club Cluj running out 2-nil winners over Sporting Braga.
Defending champions Chelsea in the meantime failed to get off to a winning start in Group E after playing to a 2-2 draw with Italian title holders Juventus at Stamford Bridge.
But the Italian champions, unbeaten domestically in 42 Serie A matches, demonstrated their pedigree and strength to mount a recovery and earn a point.
Arturo Vidal’s goal put them back in contention before half-time and substitute Fabio Quagliarella ensured the points were shared with an equaliser nine minutes from time.
Elsewhere Shakhtar Donesk moved to the top of the table after posting a 2-0 win over Norwegian opponents FC Nordsjælland.
The teams will next be in action on match day two on October 2 and 3 respectively.
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017